Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:00:59 -0400
Can anyone help?

I am looking for work regarding the nature of variation in the propensity to
save

The request arises from my  current interest in matters to do hoarding of
coin in third century Roman Britain, but this is a matter of universal
interest, and I have found very little of real substance so far, so leads to
suggestions of a general (or even modern) nature might be helpful.

I recall Spufford made some rather specific suggestions bearing upon 15th
century European matters in his “Money and its Use in Medieval Europe” but I
thought that a little ad hoc at the time, and Sussman seems to have taken an
opposite line on that particular matter since.

Rob Tye