Sender:
From:
Denis Donovan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 08:29:56 -0500
I would imagine that at least some list members are familiar with the Lincoln-Douglas debates, given the focus on that general period, so I'm hoping someone can point me to the exchange I'm interested in. Here is my *recollection* of the exchange that dates from a good 50 years ago, so it may not be very accurate.

Douglas had just extolled a particular thinker and said something like this: "No man has ever dived more deeply into the fountain of knowledge and learning."

"No," said Lincoln, "nor come up dryer."

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Denis Donovan

- - -
Denis M. Donovan, M.D., M.Ed., F.A.P.S.
Director, EOCT Institute

Medical Director, 1983 - 2006
The Children's Center for Developmental Psychiatry
St. Petersburg, Florida

P.O Box 47576
St. Petersburg, FL 33743-7576
Phone:	727-641-8905

Please reply to: [log in to unmask]

- - -
Времена сложные, дураков много.
—  Алексaндр Романович Лурия

These are complex times, many fools around.

Alexandr Romanovich Luria in:
Goldberg, Elkhanon (2001). The Executive Brain: Frontal Lobes and the Civilized Mind.
New York: Oxford University Press, p. 16.

Perhaps Goldberg should have listened to Luria . . .