From:
Alan G Isaac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:54:59 -0500
On 12/2/2011 12:31 PM, Steve wrote:
> who are the leading authors today taking an anti-Keynesian position?

I have no idea what this even means.  Would an anti-Keynesian position
be an ideological stance?  In which case, who cares?  Or would it be
an empirical stance, so that e.g. physicists should say that
Einstein had an "anti-Newtonian" position?

One might hope that economists would not be "pro" or "anti" past
analyses but would simply grapple with the evidence the best they
can.  Of course, we cannot even get say R. Barro and C. Romer to
agree on what the data say about the size of the fiscal "multiplier"...

Alan Isaac

PS Someone mentioned M. Friedman in this context, which calls forth the
inevitable quote: "in one sense, we are all Keynesians now;
in another, no one is a Keynesian any longer."