Sender:
From:
NICK MOUNT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 1995 10:34:43 -0300
Marcus:  There is a brief but useful article by John Clute in the
new *Encyclopedia of Time* (Ed. Samuel L. Macey, Garland 1994) that
situates *Connecticut Yankee* in the history of s/f texts that use
time travel to the past as a narrative device. (According to Clute,
*CY* was the first "full-fledged work of fiction to feature time
travel to the past.)
  This book is quite new *and* quite expensive, so only the larger
libraries in your area would be likely to have acquired it.  If you
can't find it, post me back, and I'd be glad to mail you a photocopy
of the relevant pages (I have a copy myself, as I contributed a couple
of articles to it.)
  If you can find the book, the article you want in called "Time Travel:
Past", on pp. 646-47.

Nick Mount
Dalhousie