From:
David Caswell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 13:09:23 +0000
Hugh Davis was equating homosexuality with rape and murder only to the
extent that all are illegal in most states.  And he was quite correct in
what he
said.
Glen Johnson would deprive all of us of our freedom of speech by saying that
if we are offended by the outrageousness of Hoffman's statements, we are
homophobes.  This kind of claim is as outrageous as was Hoffman's
unwarranted assertions.  However, as several of the more reasonable
members of this list have reminded me, if we make this thing more
controversial it might sell more trashy books than if we simply ignore the
comments of one who would defame an international icon in the interest of
commerce.