From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 09:47:56 +0000
I have dismantled the Mark Twain Resources on the World Wide
Web site and created a new Mark Twain site at The Mining Company, a
new (it opens today) directory of topic-specific sites that have a
lot of additional features.  The new URL is:

http://marktwain.miningco.com/

The new site has all of the links that the old one had plus short
weekly feature articles (which I'll often use to put additional
Twain texts online), an events calendar (currently filled with Twain
trivia for the month of April), and more.  Sometime soon it will also
have Twain-specific bulletin boards for threaded discussions, and
live online chat (both will work within your web browser) that I
hope can be used for virtual conferences on a variety of topics --
teaching Huckleberry Finn, international discussions between classes
studying his books, author  "appearances," etc.)

If you have upcoming events that you would like listed in the
calendar, please let me know.  Also let me know if you would like to
consider scheduling a special event using live chat once its online.
I think that will open up some exciting possibilities but I have no
idea what all of them might be so I'll be very happy to hear
suggestions.  I'll also welcome any other suggestions you have for
the site, including any public domain texts you'd like to see online.

Complaints also welcome!

Jim Zwick
http://www.rochester.ican.net/~fjzwick/