AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Shawn Allaire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:42:03 -0500
Hello:  I am the new manager at the Atikokan Mining Attraction.  I
am responsible for, among other things, putting together their
fundraising initiative to obtain operating funds, and to, perhaps,
successfully fund my own position into a second year.

I find that mining history is kind of a hard sell outside of the
immediate area.  It is difficult to know where to start.  I have found
a book entitled "Fundraising for Dummies" quite useful, after I got
past the fact that I detest the title.  But, it is, of course, American
oriented.

Are there other mining history listserv members?  We are a very
small organization in a very small community in the back of beyond
in Northwestern Ontario.

I have begun a website for the Mining Attraction at:
http://atikokanminingattraction.freeservers.com

And, in my signature, you will find a link to the Steep Rock Iron
Mines Naturalization site.

It might help my feelings of isolation and frustration to connect with
others in the field.
Thanks
Shawn J. Allaire
Manager, Atikokan Mining Attraction
P.O. Box 1298
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
(807) 597-6818
Check out http://twosox.htmlplanet.com/steeprock/steeprockpage.html
Steep Rock Iron Mines Naturalization site