AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Jim Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 11:58:04 -0400
Paul,

I started using it because I know very little about databases (still
don't). I used it to keep track of statistics on our 1100 churches and
their monthly giving to missions (I spent the last 6 years doing
communications to raise funds).

Send me you email address and I'll send you some samples.

I know it can do much more that I use it for. The great thing is I can
add things to it myself or talk to our IT guys if I need help. It is
also fully cross platform (MAC-PC) which is helpful for a MAC user like
me in a PC office. I know you can get a server version to that multiple
users can access the same database and you can also get a run-time
engine.

Jane Turner at U of Victoria Archives uses it. She sent me two sample
databases. Here is her info:

Jane Turner, University Archivist
University Archives
University of Victoria Libraries