AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Al Neely <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:06:06 -0400
Upcoming Programs:Programs of the London and Middlesex Branch of the
Ontario Genealogical Society

Unless otherwise indicated in our Newsletter or the London Free Press ,
meetings take place at 7.30 p.m. at First St. Andrew's United Church,
Waterloo
St. at Queens Ave., London ( entrance is through the rear door. ) Guests
and
non-members welcome.

May 8, 2000: Bob Tordiff, active in the local and international Military

Reinactment movement, will speak about Historical and Military
reinactment
and their relevance to family history research.

Have you ever considered visiting some of our neighbouring County
libraries or Archives and using their resources for your research? Our
ancestors did not follow county boundaries when they used newspapers,
attended church or buried their dead.

September 11, 2000: Helen Maddock, Lambton Room Historian, will speak
about resources of The Lambton Room of the Lambton County Library, and
their relevance for the Middlesex County researcher.

October 16, 2000: Lutzen Riedstra, Archivist-Administrator of the
Stratford-Perth Archives, will be outlining what the Middlesex County
family
researcher might access in Stratford or the Branch Archives in Mitchell
or
Listowel.

You are invited to join in suggesting and arranging the topics for
presentation at meetings. You don’t have to be a speaker or make
presentations yourself, but rather can work with others to arrange
presentations for meetings. This can be fun, and we look forward to
hearing
from you. Contact Wayne Vizniowski for details.