AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Kathryn Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathryn Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2015 14:37:11 -0400
Hi Sarah, all,

What a great idea. I wish I could be there for this event, but I can't,
so I thought I'd pass along in advance of it something I became aware of
earlier this year in case you might find it useful as you engage in
acquisition strategy discussions.

Many of you may already know of LAC's published Evaluation and
Acquisition Policy Framework
<http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/Pages/evaluation-acquisition-policy-framework.aspx>,
approved in 2012. That document is currently under review and revision,
and LAC is working on a further document called "Documenting Canadian
Society Library and Archives Canada’s Acquisition Orientation,
2015-2020." Their revised framework and orientation will be shared with
the community once they are completed and approved, quite possibly later
this year.

Here's hoping the Institutional Issues Forum is wildly successful! I
look forward to hearing what transpires.

Cheers,
Kathryn

Kathryn Harvey
Head, Archival and Special Collections
University of Guelph Library
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, ON N1G 2W1

519-824-4120, ext. 52089 (w)
on Twitter @HarveyKathryn
http://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/find/find-type-resource/archival-special-collections

/Please note that from January 1 to August 31, 2016, I will be on
research leave. During that time, no new archival donations for which
there are no existing deeds of gift will be accepted. Accruals of
materials covered under an existing deed of gift will be accepted during
this period./