AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
"Sutton, Claire" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sutton, Claire
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2022 18:27:26 +0000
Hello,

I work for a municipal archives and our entire organization has recently adopted SharePoint and Teams as a means of communicating and sharing content. We also use Outlook for our email messaging. While we are managing the records created and shared using these platforms according to records retention schedules, our IT department is looking for advice on best practises with respect to the technical management of the digital objects in these platforms once we've preserved any OBRs in our official records management systems. For instance, how long should such digital objects be retained in the system of origin?

Looking for any advice that you might be willing to share. Please feel free to message me off the listserv.

Thanks,
Claire

Claire Sutton (she/her/elle)

A/Archivist | Archiviste p.i.

City of Ottawa Archives | Archives de la Ville d'Ottawa

http://www.ottawa.ca/archives |  http://www.ottawa/lesarchives

'

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.

'