AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Ellen Scheinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ellen Scheinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2023 14:41:27 +0000
Dear colleagues:

We have almost reached our fundraising goal! Last month we sent an email to you requesting that you consider contributing to the John Smart Scholarship. This is an initiative our Committee launched to honour our wonderful friend and colleague John Smart. This important initiative will provide much needed funding each year to a selected graduate student from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Information (iSchool).

Since the last letter went out, we have made tremendous strides and are currently $3,000 away from meeting our target. If you haven’t already donated, we would urge you to contribute and take part in this important endeavour. Once we get there, the fund will be matched by our partner, the Douglas Coldwell Layton Foundation, and then matched again by the University of Toronto. This combined contribution will create a major scholarship in John's name that will last in perpetuity. If we can wrap up our fundraising campaign in the next couple of weeks, we will be in a position to launch the John Smart Scholarship this fall.

Please use the following link to the Foundation's website to make a donation to the John Smart Scholarship fund:

John Smart Scholarship Fund <https://www.douglascoldwelllayton.ca/john_smart_scholarship_fund>
All donors will receive a tax receipt through the Foundation along with updates related to developments associated with the scholarship.

Sincerely,

Committee members:

Ellen Scheinberg, [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> (co-chair)

Karen Teeple, [log in to unmask] (co-chair)

Carol Radford-Grant

Pat Smart

Paul Henry

Richard Lochead