AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:28:55 -0500
International Conference on the History of Records and Archives
(I- CHORA)
Faculty of Information Studies
University of Toronto
140 St. George Street,
Toronto, Ontario, M5S-3G6

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.fis.utoronto.ca/research/i-chora/home.html

- - - - -
Deadline for early registration now extended to August 31st!!!

On October 2-4, 2003, the Faculty of Information Studies at University of Toronto will
host the first International Conference on the History of Records and Archives (I-
CHORA). Over forty scholars and professionals have been invited to present papers and
discuss recent works, theoretical perspectives, needs and opportunities for research in
the area of the history of records, record-keeping, and archives.

Session topics are divided into three main categories: the nature of records and
documents; the nature of record-keeping; and sources, methods, theories, and
philosophies for research in the nature of records and record-keeping.

For full conference programme, listing of participants, online registration and other
information, please visit the I-CHORA website at: http://www.fis.utoronto.ca/research/i-
chora/home.html

Our special early registration rate of $200 CDN ($150 U.S.) for full admittance to the 3-
day conference has now been extended to August 31, 2003.  The registration fee covers
access to all sessions, a conference booklet containing papers prepared by each of the
presenters, and meals (still TBA). Day registration and special student rates are also
available. Please check our registration page on the I-CHORA website for more details.
- - - - -

Barbara L. Craig, University of Toronto
Philip B. Eppard, University at Albany, State University of New York
Heather MacNeil, University of British Columbia