AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Rodney Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rodney Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:58:44 -0400
Archivists from across Canada and from around the world will emerge from
their stacks and converge on Kingston, Ontario, in June for a different
perspective on archival work. We all know the important role archives play
in ensuring accountability and transparency in public and private bodies and
the essential place of archives in the writing of history, but how do
individuals outside of the archival profession view our work? Are archives
even on their radar? If not, what strategies can archivists use to heighten
awareness of our profession and of our work in the public sphere?

Join politicians, authors, colleagues, and friends for "As Others See Us:
Archivists and Society," the 32nd annual Association of Canadian Archivists
Conference being held jointly with the Archives Association in Ontario from
June 21st-23rd in Kingston, Ontario.

Early bird registration ends in ONE WEEK, on April 30th, so be sure to get
your registration forms in now to qualify for the best rates.

When registering for the conference, don't forget to sign up for the Social
Activities, including the Wine Tour of Historic Prince Edward County. For
only $50 you will travel from Kingston to the beautiful County for a full
day out, featuring wine tastings and tours of three of the best local
wineries, along with lunch and sight-seeing.
Please see the ACA website for full details
http://archivists.ca/conference/default.aspx

Rodney Carter

Host Committee Chair