AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Christina Pringi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christina Pringi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2023 15:02:39 -0500
Friends,

The Model Railroad Club of Toronto celebrates its 85th Anniversary this
year!  We've one February show to go. If you haven’t visited us lately:

   - we’ve been planning (Port Coleman plan is done!)
   - we unearthed a switch panel from our Liberty Village location
   - articles from back in the day
   - installed a miniature Model Railroad Club of Lilleyburg

Since 1938 the Club has welcomed thousands of visitors to Canada's premier
O scale model railroad. From its start in Harry Ebert’s basement, the Club
moved to Union Station, Liberty Village, and now resides in East York.

Inspired by the Central Ontario Railway, MRCT captures some of the flavour
of Central Ontario Railway on our layout through industries and natural
features, and by naming passenger cars after towns along the original
route.

*Sun. Feb. 26 *

*11 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.*

Purchase tickets at the door: cash, debit, credit card

Children $10, Seniors $12, Adults $15, Family rate: $45.

11 Curity Avenue, Toronto M4B 1X4

http://www.modelrailroadclub.com/

Note: basement location, with stairs - not wheelchair accessible..

Parking is free, and TTC access is via the 91 Woodbine Bus from Woodbine
Station.