BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

From:
"J. Gary Myers" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2018 20:13:32 +0000
Hello all students in the HPOL, HMAN, HINF and General Honours BHS programs.

Please note HLST 4900 Fall 2018 has only a few open seats if you are interested.

If you are interested in taking this course to be offered by our School over the upcoming Fall 2018 or Winter 2019 terms - and you meet the prerequisites included in the course description as listed below, you can seek from our School permission to enroll by using the "Seeking Course Permission Form" found on the SHPM website<http://shpm.info.yorku.ca/>.

If you see yourself working in health care in the future, consider the opportunity that HLST 4900 3.0 (Health Studies Project Management: Field Experience) will provide a first-hand experience in a health care agency setting while developing a vital skill set of managing projects. In addition by working closely as a team with three or four classmates you will gain an essential understanding of team work and collaboration.  (Note that this course is not a placement in an agency that would require work on site.)

Please be reminded that you can fulfill the 4000-level course requirements with this course.  Students can verify this in their Degree Progress Report at http://www.registrar.yorku.ca/mydegreeprogress/index.php

Course Description:
Provides qualified students with the opportunity to work in the health field as part of their degree program. The Experiential Education Office will help coordinate a specific field experience placement for students.

Prerequisites:
1) Completion of at least 60.00 major credits including completion of or concurrent enrollment in AK/HH/HLST 4200 6.00 and completion of AK/ADMS 2300 3.00 (or HH/HLST 2300 6.00) and a grade point average of B+ (7.00) in the health studies courses completed.
2) Open only to students in BHS Honours program.

I acknowledge the Traditional First Nations and Indigenous Peoples of the land, and I pay my respects to the Elders, past, present and future.

Kind regards,

GARY MYERS * Undergraduate/Graduate Program Secretary
School of Health Policy & Management
Critical Disability Studies Graduate Program
Health Graduate Program
Main Office Room 403
Health, Nursing & Environmental Studies Building
YORK UNIVERSITY
4700 Keele Street
Toronto ON * Canada M3J 1P3
Tel: (416) 736-2100 Ext. 22052
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> * shpm.info.yorku.ca<http://shpm.info.yorku.ca/>

Office Hours:   Mondays to Thursdays, 9 am to noon & 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm;   Fridays, 9 am to noon & 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm