From:
Eberhard Wenzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 08:06:47 +1000
Dear colleagues,

this is a letter of a former student of mine who returned back to Canada.
Perhaps someone can help out ...

Thanks a lot for your kind support.

Eberhard

***********************

December 2 1998,

Dear Members of the Canadian Health Promotion Network,

I am a Canadian citizen who has recently graduated from Griffith
University in Brisbane, Australia, with a Masters of Environmental and
Community Health.  I have now returned to Canada and am preparing to
embark on my career in the field of environmental health. Because of my
love of travel, desire to work with people, and profound interest in
foreign cultures and languages, I have a particular interest in
international work.

Through past employment, volunteer, and educational experiences I have
developed excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and
leadership skills, which I feel would be an asset in international work.
My past work experience has given me the opportunity to work in
laboratory, field and business environment.  I have therefore developed a
broad background of skills, and gained the ability to easily adapt to
working in different conditions. I have a keen interest in learning about
and experiencing other cultures, which has developed from my travelling
experiences.  I have also lived with individuals from China, Thailand,
Nepal and Norway. I have gained even more cultural knowledge by
conversing
with friends and classmates from Africa, Japan, and other parts of the
world. I am currently fluent in French, and am anxious to learn other
languages.

As I begin my search for employment opportunities and internships, I am
trying to gather as much information and advice as possible. My
qualifications allow me to work effectively in the field of environmental
health, but I am unfamiliar with the job market in Canada.  I'm not yet
entirely sure which specific area in this broad field I would like to work
in.  I am therefore currently seeking an entry-level position, from which
I can launch my career, and develop a more focused career objective.

I'm currently researching international internships and volunteer
positions with Canadian companies and NGO's. Any information or
suggestions you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  I am
looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Erica Myles

3630 7th St.S.W.
Calgary Alberta T2T 2Y1
Phone: (403) 243-7350
Email: [log in to unmask]

**********************

Eberhard Wenzel MA PhD
Griffith University
School of Public Health
Deputy Director, Queensland Centre for Public Health
Meadowbrook, Qld. 4131
Australia
Tel.: 61-7-3382 1026
Fax:  61-7-3382 1034
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
WWW Virtual Library Public Health at:
    http://www.ldb.org/vl/index.htm

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose
its freedom:  and the irony of it is that if it is comfort
or money that it values more, it will lose that, too.
Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)