From:
Theresa Schumilas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:32:27 -0400
So most of you have likely checked out this hunger website by now.  And - everyone
is right - its neat.

I was thinking - could we do such a site  and have it flash each time a person
becomes ill,  or dies,  as a result of economic inequities.  ?????  Is such a thing
doable?  Has anyone ever taken our readily available morbidity/mort stats,  and
applied some basic assumptions - based on impacts of health determinants data?  If
we could do that,  then we could do things like,  "every red flash is a child being
neglected/abused",  "every green flash is a wetland being disrupted"  ??

Just a thought to muddle on I guess.  Anyway - its a nifty website.