SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
"Adam P. Coutts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:15:12 +0100
The London Health Observatory has launched two new resources on its website
this week.

The first is a Directory of Consultants available to be commissioned to
conduct HIA (this is separate from our list of HIA ‘experts’ or ‘contacts’).
If you would like to be added to the list, please email

The link for the directory is
http://www.lho.org.uk/HIA/Attachments/Excel_Files/HIA_consultants_available_
to_be_commissioned.xls

The second resource is a document titled ‘Things to ask for and points to
consider when commissioning an External Consultant to conduct an HIA’ can be
found at

http://www.lho.org.uk/HIA/Attachments/Word_Files/Points_to_consider_when_com
missioning_HIA.doc

Each of these documents can also be accessed by visiting the London Health
Observatory website at www.lho.org.uk and going to the HIA section then
looking under ‘Contacts’.

We would like to thank members of the HIA Working Group for London for their
contributions to these pieces of work.

A Costing Tool for HIA will be launched on our site in October / November
which will allow you to calculate how much an HIA might cost in terms of
budgetary expense as well as human resource

Anna Boltong

Health Impact Assessment & Network Facilitation Manager

London Health Observatory

11-13 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0AN

Tel:  + 44 (0)20 7307 2819

www.lho.org.uk

The London Health Observatory: monitoring health and health care in the
capital, supporting practitioners and informing decision-makers