SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:56:48 -0400
Call for Submissions to Mad Pride Toronto 2013

Monday, July 8 to Sunday, July 14
www.madprideto.com

Mad Pride is an arts, culture, and heritage festival created by
psychiatric survivors, consumers, mad people, and folks the world has
labeled “mentally ill”.

Mad Pride is about:
• remembering and participating in mad history
• challenging discrimination
• advocating for rights
• affirming mad identities
• developing and empowering mad communities
• having fun!

Our lives and contributions are valuable and need celebration!

Do you want to host a consumer/survivor-driven event, performance,
talk, presentation, film, or panel discussion at Mad Pride Toronto
2013? Please let us know via our event submission form – which will be
available on our website at www.madprideto.com or by calling Tina at
416 926-9762 x 245. Contact: [log in to unmask]

Do you want to submit to our second juried Art Exhibition? We invite
two dimensional, sculptural, or time-based art submissions from
psychiatric survivors, consumers, and mad people. Contact: Martine at

If you are a consumer/survivor and would like to display/sell your
art, crafts, buttons, t-shirts, knitting, zines, books, music, baked
goods or promote your blog, website, group, network, idea, consider
requesting a table at the Mad Market. Contact: [log in to unmask]

Deadline: Friday, April 26th, 2013

This information can be printed from:
http://csinfo.ca/bulletin/Bulletin_484.pdf. Brochures are available at
www.madprideto.com. To request an outreach presentation for your
clients/organization, email [log in to unmask]

**

Call for Submissions to Mad Pride Toronto's “Altered States: Movies by
Mad People” – PLEASE SHARE – Deadline: June 1st

Share your mad, consumer, ex-psych, survivor, crazy, and
"illness-ified" visions with us!

We are planning a day of screenings at Mad Pride Toronto 2013, July
8-14, of works made and curated by mad people. There's no theme: works
need not exemplify anything other than your own creativity, but we do
seek works created by people with experience of the mental health
system.

Please submit your work, by June 1st, 2013, on a DVD in .mp4 format if
possible to:

Friends and Advocates
2340 Dundas W, Toronto, ON
M6P 4A9

Please contact [log in to unmask] if submitting an unfinished
piece. For further info, visit www.madprideto.com.