From:
Gerardo Serra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2018 17:43:12 +0000
Dear colleagues,

I have the pleasure to inform you that the latest episode of 'Smith and
Marx walk into a bar: a history of economics podcast' is out:
https://hetpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-fourteen

In this literature review episode, co-hosts Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak, Scott
Scheall and Gerardo Serra discuss some recent papers they particularly
enjoyed. These are:

Patrick Iber - "Social Science, Cultural Imperialism, and the Ford
Foundation in Latin America in the 1960s" in Tamara Chaplin, Jadwiga E.
Pieper Mooney, *The Global 1960s: Convention, Contest and
Counterculture *(Routledge),
96-113.
https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/9781315200828/chapters/10.4324%2F9781315200828-6

Richard Sutch - "Reading Keynes at the Zero Lower Bound: The Great
Depression, The Liquidity Trap, and Unconventional Policy" *Journal of the
History of Economic Thought*,  40:3, 301-334.
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/journal-of-the-history-of-economic-thought/article/reading-keynes-at-the-zero-lower-bound-the-great-depression-the-liquidity-trap-and-unconventional-policy/72E234973C73D7574722AE16BC64967E

Thomas Uebel - "Calculation in Kind and Substantive Rationality: Neurath,
Weber, Kapp" *History of Political Economy,* 50:2, 289-320.
https://read.dukeupress.edu/hope/article-abstract/50/2/289/134727/Calculation-in-Kind-and-Substantive?redirectedFrom=fulltext

This episode also marks the first year of existence of our podcast. We are
grateful to our listeners and subscribers for their support, which
surpassed our rosiest expectations. Stay tuned for an exciting season 2,
starting in January 2019.

Until then, happy holidays from
Scott Scheall, Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak, Gerardo Serra