Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 02:35:43 -0000
Sergio,

Based on my own search of a couple of years back, and my current PhD student's work on the question - there is surprisingly little.  The official histories from the World Bank enable you to trace their changing views about development (and there is a recent book by Michele Alacevich on the Bank).  There are some 'participant history' chapters in textbooks and monographs on development; there are some useful biographical/autobiographical sources on people like Arthur Lewis; and of course some impressive pieces by Albert Hirschman on Latin America (which I guess you probably know).  (Ana Maria Bianchi at Sao Paulo also has some papers on Hirschman, and Jeremy Adelman is doing a biography of him.)  I can also recommend this paper by Daniel Speich here (which may by now be published):
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/economicHistory/pdf/FACTSPDF/3308Speich.pdf

Mary Morgan (LSE, currently Davis Fellow, Princeton) <http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/economicHistory/Research/facts/Events.htm>