From:
Humberto Barreto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2024 15:13:24 -0400
[Selections by Humberto Barreto for SHOE list.]

nep-hpe <https://nep.repec.org/nep-hpe.html> New Economics Papers
<https://nep.repec.org/> on History and Philosophy of Economics

Issue of 2024‒03‒11
papers chosen by
Erik Thomson <http://econpapers.repec.org/RAS/pth72.htm>,
University of Manitoba <http://umanitoba.ca/>

------------------------------

   1. "I Get by With a Little Help From My Friends ...": An Editor’s
   Retrospective
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p1> By Medema,
   Steven G
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Medema,%20Steven%20G>
   2. Neither Economist nor Historian
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p2> By Weintraub,
   E. Roy
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Weintraub,%20E.%20Roy>
   3. The History of Economics Society Fifty Year Anniversary: Thoughts on
   my HES Life <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p3>
    By Rutherford, Malcolm
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Rutherford,%20Malcolm>
   4. Review of “The Monetarists: the Making of the Chicago Monetary
   Tradition, 1927-1960” by George S Tavlas
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p4> By Rockoff,
   Hugh <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Rockoff,%20Hugh>
   5. HES at 50—Reflections from the Geneva Lakeside on the Non-neutrality
   of History <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p5>
    By maas, harro
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=maas,%20harro>
   6. Reflections on The History of Economics Society at 50: Losing our Way?
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p6> By Davis,
   John B.
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Davis,%20John%20B.>
   7. Remembrances of a Treasurer: 1999-2015
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p7> By Niman,
   Neil B.
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Niman,%20Neil%20B.>
   8. Recollections of my Time at the History of Economics Society
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p8> By Boianovsky,
   Mauro
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Boianovsky,%20Mauro>
   9. Review of “Cold War Social Science: Transnational Entanglements”
   edited by Mark Solovey and Christian Dayé
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p9> By Stapleford,
   Thomas
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Stapleford,%20Thomas>
   10. The Famous American Economist H. Markowitz and Mathematical Overview
   of his Portfolio Selection Theory
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p10> By Ignas
   Gasparavi\v{c}ius
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Ignas%20Gasparavi%5Cv%7Bc%7Dius>
   ; Andrius Grigutis
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Andrius%20Grigutis>
   11. Reflections on the State of the History of Economics
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p11> By Schabas,
   Margaret
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Schabas,%20Margaret>
   12. Review of “Money, Debt and Politics: The Bank of Lisbon and the
   Portuguese Liberal Revolution of 1820” by José Luís Cardoso
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p12> By Coutinho,
   Mauricio C.
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Coutinho,%20Mauricio%20C.>
   13. The Long and Unfinished Road to Friedman and Meiselman’s “The
   Relative Stability of Monetary Velocity and the Investment Multiplier”
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p13> By Tavlas,
   George S.
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Tavlas,%20George%20S.>
   14. Review of “Inventing the Third World: In Search of Freedom for the
   Postwar Global South” edited by Jeremy Adelman and Gyan Prakash
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p15> By Bach,
   Maria <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Bach,%20Maria>
   15. HES conferences: a learning experience
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p16> By Cardoso,
   José Luís
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Cardoso,%20Jos%C3%A9%20Lu%C3%ADs>
   16. How Relevant is the Gandhian Political Economy for Today’s India?
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p17> By Karmakar,
   Asim K.
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Karmakar,%20Asim%20K.>
   ; Jana, Sebak Kumar
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Jana,%20Sebak%20Kumar>
   17. The Long Way of Actions towards Ethics and Morality
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p18> By
Gabriel-Alin
   Ciocoiu
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Gabriel-Alin%20Ciocoiu>
   18. EDGARD MILHAUD AND THE CASE FOR ESTABLISHING AN INTERNATIONAL
   CLEARING UNION IN THE 1930s. A FORGOTTEN FORERUNNER OF KEYNES?
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p19> By Faudot,
   Adrien
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Faudot,%20Adrien>;
Nenovsky,
   Nikolay
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Nenovsky,%20Nikolay>
   19. Developments in risk and insurance economics: The past 50 years
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p20> By Loubergé,
   Henri
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Louberg%C3%A9,%20Henri>
   ; Dionne, Georges
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Dionne,%20Georges>
   20. Market Democracy, Rising Populism, and Contemporary Ordoliberalism
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p21> By Malte
   Dold <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Malte%20Dold>; Tim
   Krieger <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Tim%20Krieger>
   21. Times of Change
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p22> By Boumans,
   Marcel
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Boumans,%20Marcel>;
Forget,
   Evelyn
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Forget,%20Evelyn>
   22. Opposite ethical views converge under the threat of catastrophic
   climate change
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_1383651332718180347_p23> By Aurélie
   Méjean
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Aur%C3%A9lie%20M%C3%A9jean>
   ; Antonin Pottier
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Antonin%20Pottier>;
Stéphane
   Zuber
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=St%C3%A9phane%20Zuber>
   ; Marc Fleurbaey
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Marc%20Fleurbaey>

------------------------------

   1. "I Get by With a Little Help From My Friends ...": An Editor’s
   Retrospective <http://econpapers.repec.org/RePEc:osf:socarx:nujcm>
   By: Medema, Steven G
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Medema,%20Steven%20G>
   Abstract: In this article, Steven Medema provides some reflections on
   his tenure as editor of the Journal of the History of Economic Thought
   (1999 – 2008). This was a time of significant transition in the life of the
   journal, and the successful navigation of this period provides an excellent
   illustration of how much an editor and a journal rely on the assistance and
   support of both key individuals and the broader community of scholars in
   the field.