From:
Марина Узунова <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 22:31:58 +0300
 Pardon me for perhaps straying the topic a little, but as you mention the history of utility theory, would any of you be able to recommend papers, even books, specifically dedicated to this topic? I'm thinking about the history of the concept but am also interested in the evolution of the  term . A paper that comes to mind in regard to the former is George's Stigler's "The development of utility theory", and the latter - Irving Fisher's comment on the utility concept in a 1918 American Economic Review issue, followed by responses from D. J. Tinnes. Another very good account in the former category I suppose is William Jaffé's "The Walras-Poincaré correspondence on the cardinal measurability of utility".

Thanks in advance,  Marina
  International University College, Sofia  Bulgaria