Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2012 01:46:54 +0900
We are sorry to inform you that the 6th biennial conference of the
International Ninomiya Sontoku Association has been postponed.  It was
originally scheduled for October 21-22 at Tsinghua University,
Beijing.
I was supposed to give a paper there.  I won’t see my Chinese
colleagues in October.  However, I should like to see the conference
rescheduled in the near future!!

NINOMIYA Sontoku (1787-1856) was a Japanese farm technologist and the
leading agricultural philosopher of the late Edo period (1600-1868).
A couple of decades after the end of isolationist policy and the Meiji
Restoration (1868), Japanese leaders (in the government) discussed
what to teach Japanese youth in Japanese and decided to recommend
Ninomiya Sontoku.   _Evening Stories by Ninomiya Sontoku_ edited by
one of his followers and _The Biography of Ninomiya Sontoku_ written
by another follower were published in the 1880s and 1890s and well
read by Japanese officials and educators.  36 volumes of _Ninomiya
Sontoku’s Complete Works_ came out in the 1930s.

I planned to argue that in Japan "modern economic ideas" came
considerably from Ninomiya's teachings.

We should appreciate if you could post any information of
international economic research events planned recently in China.

Aiko Ikeo
Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan