From:
Bruce Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2023 18:47:36 +0000
Dear Shoe-listers,

Many of you will remember Sara Seten Berghausen, who served for many years as the archivist in charge of the Economists' Papers Archive at Duke's Rubenstein Library. Tragically, Sara passed away in December 2022.  Because of the growth of the Economists' Papers collection, the Rubenstein Library decided to replace Sara's half-time position with a full-time Curator position. Andy Armacost, Rubenstein's Curator of Collections, recently announced that the position has been filled. Andy's announcement is below.

Best,
Bruce

***

I am pleased to report that Jonathan Smith has agreed to serve as the Curator of the Economists' Papers Archive.

Jonathan currently serves as the archivist at Clare College, Cambridge, UK and previously served as an archivist at Trinity College, Cambridge where he processed and supported a number of economic archives. I am excited to work with him at Duke and look forward to him starting here on campus.  I anticipate that Jonathan will be joining us sometime in the new year and likely after January, the exact schedule of which is being worked out now.

Andy Armacost
Curator of Collections
& Head, Collection Development Department
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library

Bruce Caldwell
Research Professor of Economics
Director, Center for the History of Political Economy

"To discover a reference has often taken hours of labour, to fail to discover one has often taken days." Edwin Cannan, on editing  Smith's Wealth of Nations

Address:
Department of Economics
Duke University
Box 90097
Durham, N.C. 27708

Office: Room 07G Social Sciences Building
Phone: 919-660-6896<tel:919-660-6896>
Center website: http://hope.econ.duke.edu
Personal Website: http://econ.duke.edu/~bjc18/Collection

View my recent research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=627226<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ssrn.com_author-3D627226&d=DwMFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=HSiJMrqy1uHGemAVptO40A&m=wbxJPKlIvavw0eBefT8tuK6n4aUF5GuBEhngk9td3R0&s=ZGoE3B5D9KYk_khrR1LFpR2Lbx-W4o75HJ7WmYwWc30&e=>