From:
Humberto Barreto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2023 08:14:33 -0500
[Selections by Humberto Barreto for SHOE list.]

nep-hpe <http://nep.repec.org/nep-hpe.html> New Economics Papers
<http://nep.repec.org/> on History and Philosophy of Economics

Issue of 2023‒02‒20
papers chosen by
Erik Thomson <http://econpapers.repec.org/RAS/pth72.htm>
University of Manitoba <http://umanitoba.ca/>
------------------------------

   1. Convergence on inflation and divergence on price-control among
   Post-Keynesian pioneers: insights from Galbraith and Lerner
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_5316400733737978547_p1> By Alexandre
   Chirat
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Alexandre%20Chirat>;
Basile
   Clerc <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Basile%20Clerc>
   2. Solving Vincent Carret's Puzzle: A Rebuttal of Carret's Fallacies and
   Errors <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_5316400733737978547_p2>
By Jean-Marc
   Ginoux
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Jean-Marc%20Ginoux>;
Franck
   Jovanovic
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Franck%20Jovanovic>
   3. Fritz John's Equation in Mechanism Design
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_5316400733737978547_p5> By Alfred
   Galichon
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Alfred%20Galichon>

------------------------------

   <http://econpapers.repec.org/RePEc:drm:wpaper:2023-4>
   By: Alexandre Chirat
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Alexandre%20Chirat>;
Basile
   Clerc <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Basile%20Clerc>
   Abstract: This article proposes a historical and analytical
   reconstruction of a debate that never happened between John Kenneth
   Galbraith and Abba Lerner over the issue of price controls. While they
   adopted a similar analysis of underemployment inflation, shared by many
   post Keynesians, Lerner and Galbraith remained fundamentally opposed as to
   the effectiveness of price controls. Indeed, while both agreed on the
   relevance of price controls in the specific context of World War II, they
   disagreed over including price controls within the conventional framework
   of economic policies, as illustrated by their respective stances in the
   debate surrounding the stagflation of the 1970s. Throughout the paper, we
   provide the rationales behind their divergence on price controls by
   investigating its theoretical, epistemological, and normative roots.
   Finally, we put into perspective the contemporary debates about price
   control in the context of resurgent inflationary pressures with some
   salient points drawn from our reconstruction of the debate that opposed
   these two pioneering post Keynesians economists.