From:
Spencer Banzhaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:48:15 +0000

"South Carolina" does not have to mean the University of South Carolina, does it?  It could mean the state, in which case it could have been somebody at Clemson U.  It has a liberal tradition and also folks interested in political economy.  And folks from Chi and from UCLA.

There are several people who were there in '78 who grew in academic reputation, but I doubt Hayek would be talking about them -- but perhaps there was an earlier generation I do not know.