Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:52:30 +0000
There is an initiative in the Econometric Society to enhance the history of econometrics and a session on the topic is planned for their forthcoming European meeting (jointly with the European Economic Association) in Toulouse, 25-29th August: www.eea-esam-congresses.org/

At their last meeting, a session on history of econometrics attracted more than 100 people and the programme committee for this year's meeting (of which I am a member) is keen to have an even more successful session this time.  This is a community of economists genuinely interested in its history and it would be good if members of our history of economics community can respond.  If you work on this topic, please do think of submitting a paper.  (And perhaps it is worth noting that they are making a special effort this year to attract papers on applied, experimental and computational economics and so why not the history of those.)

Submissions of paper proposals are due at the conference website by February 15th, but I urge all those who have an interest in the field who think of submitting proposals, or papers, to contact me directly as well, as I also have the chance to propose sessions.

Thank you.

Mary S. Morgan

Professor Mary S. Morgan
LSE and University of Amsterdam