From:
Gabriel Sabbagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2022 14:00:34 +0200
Dear Humberto,

Thanks for sending this review. Its depth requires that it be read very slowly and I will suggest the following digest:
> “Moral advances have accompanied material ones. By the early twenty-first century, every country in the world had formally banned slavery, and most had substantially expanded the rights of women.” (p. viii

What an admirable summary of the history of slavery and of women.

Let me add another sentence of the review, for tomorrow: 'Another virtue of the book is that it is free of Marxist cant’.

May I end with a humble suggestion: the Chicago school has abundantly proven that
one cannot dispense of considering Economics, in every step of our life, whether we buy or sell a kidney or whether we listen to Mozart or to Elvis. The Supreme Court will be enriched by the inclusion of economists. The author of the book and the reviewer should be in the list of President Biden for the next vacancy.

With best wishes,

Gabriel Sabbagh