From:
Scott Scheall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2024 20:45:29 +0000
Dear members of the community of historians and methodologists of economics,

A few months back, we announced the founding of Review of the History of Economic Thought and Methodology (RHETM), the successor journal of the long-running book series Research in the History of Economic Thought and Methodology, founded by the late great Warren Samuels in 1983. Today we are delighted to report that the new RHETM is officially open for business and ready to receive submissions.

Here is the new website: https://rhetm.org

And the submissions page: https://rhetm.org/submissions/

RHETM is an open-access online journal published under the auspices of the Open Library of Humanities (OLH). OLH is a scholar-led, community-owned and non-profit publisher, which covers its costs by payments from an international library consortium, rather than author-facing fees. There are no fees to publish in RHETM. This model enables equitable open access, releasing readers and authors from the prohibitive costs of publishing open access. Like other OLH journals, RHETM will feature high-quality presentation, annotative functionality, robust digital preservation, strong discoverability, and easy-to-share social media buttons.

The new journal will feature the same format as the old book series. Each volume will include a guest-edited monothematic symposium, as well as general research articles and new archival discoveries. We plan to publish the first volume of Review of the History of Economic Thought and Methodology within the next few months. The first volume will feature a collection of papers from the most recent ALAHPE conference, held last November in Medellin.

We hope that you will submit your own work and encourage submissions from friends, colleagues, and students to the new RHETM.

In addition to paper submissions, we are currently considering proposals for future monothematic symposia. If you would like to help organize and edit a symposium, please send a one-page proposal indicating the topic, potential contributors, and a timeline to publication to one or more of the co-editors at the email addresses indicated below.

We are available to answer any questions you might have. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Luca Fiorito – [log in to unmask]

Scott Scheall – [log in to unmask]

Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak – [log in to unmask]