From:
Michael O'Conner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 09:58:48 -0500
I would also like to hear of the latest on the "rediscovered" Huck
manuscript.  The rumors I have heard include a continued court battle, the
"sisters" who found the first half of the manuscript selling the rights
to Random House, and a twenty year moratorium on even quoting from that
manuscript.  I also have heard that the New Yorker will be publishing a
section of the manuscript.  Can anyone confirm or deny any of these rumors?

I will be at the ALA this weekend and ask Vic Doyno what he knows.

Michael O'Conner
University of Missouri, Columbia