From:
Jeremy Morong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Morong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2013 08:02:22 -0800
(I want to apologize for my prior attempt at this e-mail--I have no idea what went wrong! I began the e-mail on a work e-mail program, then sent it to my Yahoo account, so I am not sure if that messed something up, or if it was the links I included. Hoping this one resolves those issues, and again, my apologies to the group for the prior e-mail.)

Hello all! I want to apologize in advance for the egregious self-promotion,
but I wanted to share the fact that I have recently had a Twain-related short story published in a local journal called “Midnight Circus.” The theme of the current issue was utilizing characters from famous works with stories that take place concurrently with the main tale, so I submitted a short work about Jim from Huck Finn (obviously), and luckily, it was accepted! The journal is
available for free right now in a PDF at EABPublishing.com or in a hard copy version at Amazon.

"Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" is my favorite novel so it was nerve-racking, but fun, to play a little bit in that world. I went with a second-person approach, which I had never tried before--but I rightly figured it would be impossible to come close to matching the tone of the original novel. This seemed to be a good way to separate it a bit. Hopefully you will all enjoy it, but either way, I would love to hear your thoughts. It’s not a patch on the original, of course.

One minor note: all dialogue was taken right from the original novel.

And one last cheap plug—I published my first novel titled "On the Backs of Dragons" this past year, which included a scene on a raft and one of the characters being described as “having sand” as a further tribute to my favorite book. Just thought I would share!

http://tinyurl.com/kaf4dmw

Lastly, I maintain a list on Amazon of books that feature any of Twain’s "St. Petersburg" characters—if anyone has anything that I’ve missed it would be much appreciated! The latest addition I have included is Sam Sackett’s "Huckleberry Finn Grows Up". Well, now I see there is a new one called "REDEMPTION: The Further Adventures of Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer" that I will add.

That list can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/n3pjqnt

Thanks for putting up with my little pitch here!
-Jeremy