Sender:
From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 09:46:00 +0000
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
Here's one that some of you who have been keeping track of Mark
Twain's appearances in film might have missed.  The film description
is from the  "Some Recommended Anime" WWW page at
http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~wdawes/Anime.html.  Anime is becoming
increasingly popular in the U.S. and some of the films are now
carried at video stores.  I don't know whether or not this one is
available, though.

"The Dagger of Kamui

Wow! Almost three hours long! I promise, though, that it won't get slow!
This anime is a bit of historical fiction, depicting the Boushin War to end
the Tokugawa Shogunate, the French ploy for Ezo (now Hokkaido) and
bringing into play characters such as Mark Twain and Captain Kidd. This
release contains some of the best melee combat I've ever seen in anime. A
young foundling boy with a mysterious scar and a magic blade is tricked
into slaying his own father. This chronicles his quest for revenge and
enlightenment."

Jim Zwick