From:
Jocelyn Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:35:26 -0700
While I do not see race or racism under every rock, I have found your
initial discussion, Mr Fears, and your subsequent references to "bugaboo,"
"racism." "race," "group think," etc indeed your right to express, but also
I find the right of others to remind you, to remind us all that language,
words, never exaporate into the ether. Rather, language, words, remain--with
all of their meanings and in all of their manifestations. This site is a
scholarly site dedicated to Twain, his work, his ideas, his legacy. We who
dedicate a goodly portion of our lives to discuss, research, write about,
and just enjoy Twain would do well to remember the importance of language,
words, and yes, Mr Fears, the "diveristy" of the audience.

  Jocelyn A. Chadwick