John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 May 2000 18:50:24 -0000
I am trying to find a source for something I read somewhere but failed to
write down. My dimming memory remembers this: "In [some date in the 20s],
Albert Bigelow Paine stated confidently that with the publication of [insert
some Twain volume Paine edited] that no new Mark Twain work need now be
published."

I can see it in my mind's eye, but I didn't write it down, and I can't find
it in any source, nor can I find Paine saying it in one of his edited works.
I want to use it as the lead in a chapter, but now I am stuck. I plan to
check again tomorrow, but thought I would enlist the aid of our fine
list--and anyone who locates this will earn my gratitude, as well as a
beverage of choice. Thanks!
John Bird
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.birdnest.org/birdj