YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
UIT Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:25:44 -0400
We are continuing to experience service outages resulting from changes to
services (DNS/DHCP)made over the weekend.  The issue was escalated early
this morning and continues to be worked on to resolve the connectivity
problem many of you are experiencing.

As the problem is random, meaning your computer may connect, while the
person seated next to you may not, it is very difficult to communicate to
individuals whose service may already be restored.  We ask your
cooperation in communicating this to those who are impacted as they will
not receive this message.

If you are unsure as to whether your services have been restored, please
shut down your computer and restart.  If everything works properly after
the restart, then your services have been restored.  If not, your services
may not be restored until end of business day or in some circumstances,
tomorrow morning.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, but are doing everything possible
to have all services restored as soon as possible.  We will provide
further updates before 5pm this afternoon.

Please direct questions to UIT Client Services
(phone: 416-736-5800, email: [log in to unmask])

UIT Announce