From:
"Wells, Julian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 21:20:00 +0000
Dear Scot,

Do you perhaps have in mind Fromm's "Man *for* himself"? (Rather than,
say, Gordon Childe's "Man Makes Himself".)

Be that as it may, my point is that Marx was a champion of "human
self-determination and self-realization" in the sense that that was what
he hoped society would one day make possible.

To put it another way, alienation and other psychological consequences of
class society are the reasons that Marx urges us to fight capitalism.

Best wishes,

Julian

Security System.