AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2017 15:10:55 -0800
~*Apologies for cross postings*~

*Early bird registration is open for the ACA@UBC Seminar and Symposium!
Sign up by January 27 to receive a reduced rate of $35 for all events.*

The Association of Canadian Archivists Student Chapter at the University of
British Columbia (ACA@UBC) is delighted to present its ninth annual
international Seminar and Symposium, “Managing the Analogue,” which will be
held at UBC from February 9 to 10, 2017.

The Seminar and Symposium will include traditional and forward-thinking
perspectives on analogue materials residing in archival spaces. In a time
when our archival backlogs are steadily increasing, questions must be asked
about how we can control an overwhelming number of physical records.
Furthermore, in an increasingly digital world, archivists must have a solid
understanding of how to manage analogue records before they can
proficiently manage digital records. A seminar featuring informal
discussions of these subjects will be held on February 9, while the
symposium, which features formal presentations from speakers, will be held
on February 10.

The ACA@UBC is pleased to host the following speakers:

*Raymond Frogner*: National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation, University
of Manitoba

*Theresa Rowat*: The Archive of the Jesuits in Canada

*Mary McIntosh*: Government Records Service, BC Ministry of Finance

*George Blood*: George Blood, L.P.

*Terry O’Riordan*: Provincial Archives of Alberta

*Christina Kovac*: The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration

****Robert McIntosh: *Library and Archives Canada***

Reserve your place at the Seminar and Symposium now! Early-bird registrants
receive a reduced rate of $35 until January 27. Students pay $10.
Registration fees include lunch on February 10.

Register at: http://acasymposium.rezgo.com/details/112304/acaubc-9th-
annual-international-symposium-2017

We look forward to spending two stimulating days with you,

The ACA@UBC
--

*Association of Canadian ArchivistsUniversity of British Columbia Student
ChapterThe University of British ColumbiaIrving K. Barber Learning