Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:50:31 EDT
Ana,

Go to http://www.npr.org and hear the audio interview with the owner/chef of
this restaurant that was aired this past Friday, April 4th.  As I recall the
actual amount of tobacco used in the recipes was less than one gram.  The
interview was interesting and raised the issue of negative health messages to
the public in the face of the smoking ban.  This is one restaurant, and a
trendy one at that.... the average Joe won't seek such a dining experience as
a rule.  I would seriously doubt that other restaurants would put such
entrees and desserts on their menu on a widespread basis.

I worry more about the practice of smokeless tobacco than I do the ingestion
of small amounts of tobacco on an infrequent, once in a blue moon basis.

Mary Arnold RN, MS, CHES
Instructor
Department of Health and Physical Education
New River Community College
Dublin, Virginia 24084