Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:25:34 -0400
That Progressivism is not a "movement," in Filene's estimation  anyway,
does not suggest the lack of ideological affinity among those who  called
themselves Progressive.  That eugenics played a large role in  Progressive
thought is undeniable to anyone who takes the effort to read the  literature.
This has been well documented by, among others, Tim Leonard,  and my book
"Order and Control in American Socio-economic Thought," makes the  case as well.
(Although Tim has written far more on the issue.)  I do  not need to
associate Progressivism and eugenics -- they achieved that  connection all by
themselves.

CM